Airlines & Airports
|January 19, 2015|
SkyTeam Gets Vocal On WeChat; Expands Social Media Interaction With Chinese-Speaking Customers
|SkyTeam, the global airline alliance, has launched its WeChat account to facilitate interactions with its customers in the Greater China region and across the globe. Delivering useful information and services for customers, the WeChat account complements SkyTeam's existing presence on Sina Weibo.|
WeChat boasts almost 440 million users, of which 70 million are based outside the Greater China Region and SkyTeam's presence on WeChat strengthens the alliance's commitment to consolidating its position as the leading alliance in the Greater China region.
"WeChat is one of the world's fastest-growing social media platforms and our presence here will enable us to deliver a quick, easy and efficient experience each time our customers interact with SkyTeam," said Fatima da Gloria, SkyTeam Director, Brand and Communications. "Greater China flights account for more than a quarter of all SkyTeam's daily departures and we are delighted to be reaching our thousands of social-media savvy customers through their preferred channel."
SkyTeam's WeChat account will provide the latest news and information about the alliance, plus a variety of useful features. These include:
Flight Finder & Status
• Schedules from all SkyTeam member airlines available
• Builds connections dynamically and display the most efficient flight options
• Customers can also check their flight status
• An easy-to-use database of airport travel tips shared by SkyTeam's online community to help customers make the most of their time at the airport
• For easier access to any of SkyTeam's network of 516 airport lounges worldwide
SkyTeam is the number one airline alliance in Greater China with 14 of the alliance's 20 members offering flights to, from and within the region to more than 350,000 daily passengers.