|December 17, 2012|
Site International Foundation Releases Annual Forecast For The Motivational Events Industry
|The Site International Foundation has released results of the latest Site Index Annual Survey. The Site Index compiles and compares data over a number of years to track changes and forecast trends in the motivational events industry. This third year of the study measures movement in key indices as well as introduces new topics of discussion. |
"The Site Index results confirm that the overall use of motivational travel continues to be on an upswing," commented Stephen Powell, President of the Site International Foundation and Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales for InterContinental Hotels Group. "After several years of intense scrutiny, companies are recognizing the role incentive travel programs played in their past success and are implementing new programs to elevate future performance."
- Respondents (86%) indicate that the use of motivational travel will increase or substantially increase in the next one to three years, with respondents significantly more positive about the short term (the next six months) than in previous years.
- A majority of respondents continue to believe that the requirement to measure ROI or ROO, although still important, has stabilized.
- While the convergence of meetings and incentives is slowing, inclusion of business meetings and other similar components in motivational events will continue to experience some growth.
- A significant majority of respondents say that the inclusion of corporate social responsibility and "green initiatives" in motivational events will continue to increase.
- More respondents (58%) are asking for or providing more site selection/hotel placement-only services than in previous years.
- As evidenced in the recently released study Site Index: Focus on Technology and Social Media, the use of mobile technology is increasing in importance.
"As the motivational events industry continues to evolve, it is more important than ever that professionals gain insight on how the industry is performing in the current environment and be aware of what trends are shaping the future," shared Mark Bondy, Chair of the Site International Foundation Research Committee and Partner and President of VIKTOR Incentives & Meetings. "Leveraging the Site Index, the Site International Foundation strives to measure what is relevant and important so companies can use this information to build marketing plans that ultimately drive business results."
Data for the Site Index are derived from the collective experiences and perspectives of a global group of incentive travel and motivational event users and providers. For this survey, responses were received from 112 people in 22 countries. The survey was supervised by Scott A. Jeffrey, Ph.D., Monmouth University, and Marion Joppe, Ph.D., University of Guelph, and was sponsored by the InterContinental Hotels Group. To obtain a full copy of the Executive Summary of the Site Index Annual Analysis and Forecast of the Motivational Events Industry, go to Site Index.