|September 07, 2001|
ATC Launches New Web Site For Inbound Tourism Industry
|The Australian Tourist Commission (ATC) has unveiled it's new Web site which will provide a one stop shop of essential information for Australia's inbound tourism industry.|
ATC Managing Director, Ken Boundy said the Web site, www.atc.australia.com signalled a new direction for the ATC's online activities providing more relevant and timely information to the industry.
"ATC Online has been developed in response to industry feedback and changes in today's business environment," he said. "Updated daily, the site will provide the industry with information to improve their business and keep pace with Australia's rapidly evolving inbound tourism industry."
"Our research indicated that the industry wanted more market intelligence on key markets as well as timely information on the ATC's marketing initiatives providing greater opportunities to participate - this site delivers this, and more.
"ATC Online offers a one-stop shop for anyone involved in tourism with daily news updates, statistics and research, monthly email bulletins as well as marketing advice and promotional opportunities.
"The site will also introduce a new search function which will allow businesses to match their needs with ATC marketing activities. Businesses will be able to select their ideal marketing opportunities by region, target market and preferred medium and will be provided with an extensive list of options including costs, specifications and background information.
"ATC Online will also provide a forum for the industry to have a say on the future of tourism as well as share ideas and concerns through the message board and monthly polls. The ATC will now be open for business 24 hours a day," Mr Boundy said.
Key components of ATC Online include:
· News Centre: Daily tourism news from Australia and around the globe, news releases, speeches and fact sheets.
· Industry Services: Marketing advice for businesses, ATC image and video library
· Marketing Opportunities: Intelligence on key tourism markets, ATC trade events twelve month events calendar and information on product segments.
· Subscribe: Monthly e-magazine, newsletters and statistical alerts
· Brand Australia: Information on ATC's consumer website as well as VJP and publicity
· Research and Statistics: Visitor arrivals, forecasts and ATC research reports
· About the ATC: Who's who at the ATC, annual report and corporate strategies.
· World clock, global currency converter