Cruises and Sailing
|April 05, 2002|
Seabourn Announces Global Cruise Itineraries For 2003
|The 2003 sailing schedules announced by Seabourn Cruise Line feature a world of choices for upscale travelers. The ultra luxury line's all-suite, 208-guest Yachts of Seabourn: Seabourn Pride, Spirit and Legend will provide their renowned pampering service, superb cuisine and exceptional shoreside experiences to guests in virtually every corner of the globe next year, from classic cruising regions to more exotic destinations. An example of the innovative itineraries created for 2003 is the line's new approach to marketing the prime Mediterranean season. Seabourn Spirit and Seabourn Legend will each sail a rotating series of seven-day Mediterranean itineraries that can be combined to create vacations of up to five weeks with different ports of call. The unique schedule is a creative solution to the challenge of attracting time-budgeted vacationers, while still serving the needs of travelers who want a longer cruise. The line will continue to offer generous Early Bookings Savings of 20 to 50 percent for those who book their cruises well in advance. But now it will offer additional 10 percent Combo Savings for travelers who combine two cruises. Grand Voyages, which are combinations totaling 18 or more days in length, will qualify for savings of 40 to 50 percent. "Today's ultra luxury travelers are very busy people, and many choose to divide their annual vacation time among a number of shorter, seasonal getaways," said Richard Meadows, Seabourn's senior vice president of sales and marketing. "In the past, we have sold these guests shorter cruise segments at a premium fare. The key difference is that in 2003 Seabourn will instead provide additional savings rewards for those who can and want to stay on board longer."|
Highlights of the 2003 sailing schedule for The Yachts of Seabourn include:
· Seabourn Pride sails completely around South America in a 72-day roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale. Individual cruises of seven to 18 days are available. Seabourn Pride's European season begins with 14-day cruises in the Mediterranean and then continues with its popular 14-day cruises of Northern Europe encompassing Scandinavia, St. Petersburg and Norwegian fjords. Fall foliage cruises of Canada and New England in 2003 will be scheduled at seven days, sailing between New York and Quebec, with roundtrip combinations from either New York or Quebec available. Following a cruise of historic eastern seaboard ports, Pride ends her year with a series of new one-week cruises from Barbados that alternate between eastern Caribbean islands and an adventurous sortie up Venezuela's Orinoco River, combinable to create 14-day vacations.
· Seabourn Spirit once again explores Southeast Asia, with a 12-day cruise of Myanmar and the highly popular 14-day cruises of Thailand and Vietnam. In the spring, Spirit moves from Asia to the Mediterranean via India, with an India Journey option. In the Mediterranean, Spirit will sail five distinct seven-day cruise itineraries in the eastern and central Mediterranean that can be combined for up to 35 days of sailing with different port content. In addition, Seabourn Spirit and Legend will meet at Civitavecchia (Rome) on five occasions, giving the possibility for guests to transfer from one ship to the other and expand their exploration of the Mediterranean's riches. In autumn, Spirit returns to Asia via Africa, with optional safari Journeys available.
· Seabourn Legend in 2003 repeats her highly successful series of 14-day cruises of Panama, Belize and Costa Rica between Fort Lauderdale and Caldera. After some seven-day Caribbean cruises based in St. Thomas, Legend will position to the Mediterranean for a series of four distinct seven-day cruises centered in the western region, sailing from Nice, Barcelona and Civitavecchia. In the autumn, Legend returns to two-week Panama, Belize and Costa Rica cruises and a Holiday Caribbean cruise.
· Savings programs in 2003 include the Early Booking Savings of 20 to 50 percent depending on cruise departure. These savings are capacity controlled and will be reduced as the available suites are booked, effectively raising the fares for guests who book closer to sailing. Early Booking Savings have no set expiration date.
· Combo Savings of an additional 10 percent are awarded to guests who book any two cruises totaling up to 17 days in length. These savings are deducted from full brochure fares and combined with the applicable Early Booking Savings for the cruise.
· Grand Voyage Savings of 40 to 50 percent are calculated from the full brochure fare, and are deducted for combined voyages totaling 18 or more days on board.
· Seabourn offers Single Traveler Savings, which reduce the normal 200 percent fare for single occupancy of a suite. These savings, which are capacity-controlled and vary by departure, result in single-occupancy fares that range from 110 to 175 percent of the per-person double occupancy fare. All savings programs are capacity controlled and may be changed or withdrawn at any time.
The yachts of Seabourn provide the ultimate in small-ship, ultra-luxury cruise vacations to the most desirable destinations on earth. The Seabourn fleet includes Seabourn Pride, Spirit and Legend. Seabourn Cruise Line is a member of the exclusive World's Leading Cruise Lines alliance, which also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, Costa Cruises and Windstar Cruises. Together, these member lines share a commitment to quality and value, offering cruise vacations that appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets and sail to some of the world's most exciting destinations.