Cruises and Sailing
|April 26, 2002|
Seabourn Completes A Major Update Of Its Website
|Seabourn Cruise Line has completed a thorough overhaul and added substantial new interactive content to its award-winning website located at http://www.seabourn.com. Visitors to the site will notice a completely new look and feel to the content, bringing more of the luxury of a Seabourn experience right to their desktops. They are now greeted by a stirring music track, and invited to take a virtual tour of the line's three intimate Yachts of Seabourn: Seabourn Pride, Spirit and Legend by means of 360-degree photography, video and standard photography. "We realize that more and more consumers and agents use the web to get information," said Richard Meadows, CTC, Seabourn's senior vice president of sales and marketing. "In the past year, Seabourn has invested in a continuing series of enhancements to the cruise experience on The Yachts of Seabourn, and it's important that our site expands to represent everything that a Seabourn cruise offers today."|
In 2001, Seabourn's site was selected by the editors of Forbes.com for its "Best of the Web" list of the best-designed and most effective sites on the worldwide web. Key features of the site which have been added or updated include:
· On the re-designed home page, a streaming series of images portray the line's hallmarks including exceptionally personalized service, fine cuisine, spacious and elegant accommodations, an indulgent spa and exotic destinations.
· Clicking on the menu item "Virtual Tour" brings up a menu of 14 images, ten of which were created using 360-degree photography.
· A streaming Quicktime video is also accessible, highlighting the "realm of heavenly delights" offered by The Yachts of Seabourn, including free Massage Moments on deck, Exclusively Seabourn shoreside experiences, cuisine designed by celebrity chef Charlie Palmer and more.
· These Signature Delights are further illustrated on their own menu page.
· Clicking on the "Destinations" heading takes visitors to an interactive world map of Seabourn's sailing regions. When the cursor passes over a region, ports of call in that region appear on the map, as well as an illustration depicting the region.
· Each sailing region has a page of menus linked to itineraries, ports of call, shore excursions, land extensions and hotel selections for the region. Buttons provide maps and average daily temperatures for the months in which Seabourn sails there.
· Clicking on "Itineraries" leads to a search engine of all 2002 and 2003 Seabourn itineraries by destination or by month. Alternatively, visitors can simply scroll through the calendar with departures listed by date. Selecting any departure brings up a day-by-day itinerary with an added button for special savings offers.
· Past guests have a special section offering expedited email contact and dealing with the benefits and privileges of membership in the Seabourn Club.
· Visitors can place orders for current cruise brochures on the site.
· Travel agents also have exclusive content accessed by entering a valid IATA number, where they can receive sales and marketing assistance, order brochures and collateral materials in quantity and download various forms for their use.
· A library of high resolution photographs and logos is available for downloading from the site.
Other sections offer complete details of deck plans, suite configurations, news releases and an array of special promotional offers on selected cruises. For information on the Yachts of Seabourn visit www.seabourn.com