Hotels & Resorts
|May 08, 2015|
Hilton Worldwide Unveils "First-of-its-Kind" International Partnership With ANA
|Hilton Worldwide today announced a global partnership with Japan's biggest airline, ANA, to introduce cutting-edge airline lounges and in-flight services that will raise the bar for the travel and hospitality industries worldwide. The initial phase of this alliance will run between June 1 and August 31, 2015 and is designed for both Japanese and international travelers to "Experience More" of the renowned Hilton hospitality when they next travel through the ANA Haneda or Narita lounges or embark on a flight from Tokyo to Honolulu.|
The Hawaiian-focused Hilton X ANA "Experience More" partnership, which will last until 2017, is the start of a three-phase collaboration between two of the most recognized brands in the hotel and aviation industries. Hawaii was selected as the first destination to kick start the program, as it is one of the most popular holiday destinations for the Japanese and the campaign period sits within the summer peak season travel period.
"As frequent travelers ourselves, we understand how tiring long-haul flights and waiting in transit for a connecting flight can sometimes be. Hilton believes that travel should be enriching and enjoyable, from the moment a traveler steps into the airport, to the moment the traveler arrives back at home, including the lounge, in-flight, and hotel experiences," said Mark Liversidge, vice president, marketing, Asia Pacific, Hilton Worldwide. "The partnership between Hilton and ANA delivers enhanced experiences for travelers on the ground and inflight by providing touches of Hilton and ANA hospitality every step of the way."
"Hawaii is a favorite destination for Japanese travelers, and our customers always look forward to their leisure trips, even before they board their flights. Last December, we enhanced service offerings on our Honolulu routes, and in July of this year we will be adding another flight between Narita and Honolulu. Our partnership with Hilton elevates the excitement for our customers, and we hope our partnership will leave an impression to last until the next time they book a flight to Hawaii with us again," said Toshitaka Watanabe, Senior Vice President, CS & Products Services, ANA.
Travelers can "Experience More" and look forward to enriched travel experiences including:
- The travelers' journeys begin following the check-in at the airport, as they enter the ANA lounges in Haneda or Narita airport in Japan
- Guests will be delighted with the lounge menu offerings, which were specially created by chefs at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort and promise an authentic taste of Hawaii
- As they relax and enjoy phenomenal food offerings, guests can also view a destination video on Hawaii, which will be played on the TV screens in the lounges, providing inspiration for their next vacation.
- Travelers, in both the economy and business classes, on all ANA flights between Tokyo and Honolulu can look forward to Hawaiian-inspired menus exclusively designed by chefs at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort.
- Passengers can sit back, relax and enjoy a 30-minute Hawaii destination video.
- Guests may also take a copy of a mini guidebook which was specially-commissioned for this partnership, and which features recommendations for sightseeing and food, as well as an introduction to Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort.
- The landmark Hilton X ANA global partnership marks an innovative start that brings together Hilton's 95-years of experience in hospitality and ANA's strengths as Japan's largest carrier.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) is the 13th largest airline in the world by revenues (2013) and the largest airline in Japan by revenues and passenger numbers. Founded in 1952, ANA flies today on 72 international routes and 113 domestic routes with a fleet of about 240 aircraft. ANA Group has 33,000 employees. In 2013, it carried 46 million passengers and generated revenues of 1.6 trillion Japanese yen. ANA has been a member of Star Alliance since 1999 and has joint-ventures with United Airlines on trans-Pacific and Asia routes and with Lufthansa, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines on Japan-Europe routes. Its Frequent Flyer Program, ANA Mileage Club, has more than 26 million members. ANA was voted Airline of the Year for 2013 by Air Transport World Magazine, and in 2015 was awarded five stars for the third consecutive year by the world's leading Airline and Airport review site, SKYTRAX. ANA is the launch customer and biggest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.