|June 21, 2013|
Chiba, Japan Promotes The 2014 Kiwanis International Convention
|Staff from the Chiba Convention Bureau and International Center (CCB-IC) will be going to Vancouver to promote the 2014 Kiwanis International Convention in Chiba, Japan.|
The CCB-IC successfully bid to bring the 99th Annual Kiwanis International Convention to Makuhari Messe in Chiba City in 2014. The 2013 Kiwanis International Convention will be held in Vancouver from June 27th to the 30th. Staff from the CCB-IC and Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) will be attending in order to promote Chiba and Japan as a destination to help drive attendance at the 2014 convention. Promotion activities will include setting up a destination booth, providing promotional materials such as brochures and souvenirs, and giving presentations on Chiba and Japan.
The annual conference for the Kiwanis Asian-Pacific Region, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary since its founding in 1964, will be held in conjunction with the Kiwanis International Convention in 2014.
Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan was selected because of the international accessibility through Narita and Haneda airports, the convenient domestic transportation system that allows easy access to Tokyo and the rest of the country, and the way local stakeholders came together as one to provide support and enthusiasm for the conference.
Kiwanis International is the 3rd largest volunteer social service organization behind International Rotary and Lions Club. It has roughly 220,000 members in 7,500 clubs in over 80 countries. When including all of the other clubs in the "Kiwanis Family", including youth clubs, there are over 600,000 members.
- Convention Name: The 99th Annual Kiwanis International Convention
- Organizer: Kiwanis International
- Date: July 16th to 20th, 2014
- Venue: Makuhari Messe and surrounding hotels
- Participants: 3,000 people (1,000 domestic, 2,000 from 40 courtiers)
- Economic Impact: 1,100,340 thousand yen (projected)
- Outline of Convention: activities reports, recognition and awards, fund raising, officers' elections, forums, workshops, fellowship, excursions, etc.