|July 11, 2013|
Tourism New Zealand Launches 'Essential New Zealand' Mobile App
|Tourism New Zealand (TNZ) is making travel to New Zealand even easier with the launch of its first mobile app -- "Essential New Zealand." The free to download app offers advice to travellers on the go in New Zealand, without the need for a WiFi connection, encouraging them to do and see more while in the country.|
Gregg Anderson, General Manager Western Markets, says the new app is the perfect travel companion when in New Zealand. "Essential New Zealand aims to make it easier for visitors to connect with tourism experiences while traveling through the country -- regardless of where they are or what they are doing," says Anderson.
Research shows that the use of mobile devices by visitors while in New Zealand had increased significantly between 2011 and 2012, with travellers using an iPad or laptop up 44 per cent, and use of a smartphone up 28 per cent.*
The app also includes full contact details and detailed map locations for every activity and regional i-SITE centre, meaning face-to-face support and advice can be easily found. When accessed online, users are easily connected with comprehensive accommodation and transport booking information on newzealand.com.
In the past year, TNZ has received record traffic to newzealand.com, attracting more than 13.8 million visits. The volume of traffic from mobile devices increased a staggering 250 per cent. And the app is set to only get better for operators and users alike -- with new features already planned in future versions.
A link to the Essential New Zealand app download can be found at: www.newzealand.com
Essential New Zealand features:
- Top 10 New Zealand experiences selected from some of the country's most iconic tourism activities and attractions
- Must-do experiences for 26 regions and many popular locations
- Photos, descriptions and pricing info for hundreds of activities and attractions
- Full contact details and detailed map locations for every activity and information centre
- Plan and save your favourite activities and experiences into Your Trip to access later
- Share your favourite activities with your travel mates or friends and family back home
- Free to download and access all features
- Offline access to travel information when you're in New Zealand and without an Internet connection
*Research sourced from Tourism New Zealand's Visitor Experience Monitor