|September 09, 2013|
Tasmanian Wine and Events Venue Serves World's Best
|A stunningly beautiful winery and business event venue in Launceston, Tasmania is the scene for more than just incredible events -- it serves the world's best chardonnay. |
Josef Chromy Winery's 2011 Chardonnay was awarded the international trophy at the prestigious 2013 Decanter World Wine Awards in London last week. Stamping out stiff competition from France, England, South Africa and New Zealand, the Tasmanian wine literally wowed the 219 judges from around the world:
Anthony Rose of Decanter Magazine praised Tasmania's credentials as a wine making region explaining that "with many of Australia's top producers increasingly sourcing their chardonnay from Tasmania, this region has been turning heads. This accolade is yet another feather in the regions cap and justifies the buzz, as Josef Chromy fought off stiff competition from a fantastically diverse range of competitors.
"Josef Chromy is a pivotal figure in the development of the Tasmanian wine industry. He invited [Winemaker Jeremy] Dineen to join him in establishing a multi-million dollar, high tech winery with 61ha outside Launceston in Tasmania's temperate, maritime Tamar Valley. Josef Chromy Wines is the culmination of his vision, and has more in common with Dijon and Reims than any Australian wine region."
Josef Chromy offers a spectacular business events venue that caters for 120 for a sit down dinner overlooking the expansive vines, lake and grounds and offers a range of group activities that truly embrace the meet the maker philosophy:
• A walk in the Vines allows groups to go behind the label and explore the winemaking process from grape to glass;
• The Food and Wine Experience matches Tasmania's best produce to Josef Chromy's award winning labels to learn how food and wine work together to create a taste sensation;
• High Tea matches sweet and savoury delights with the Pepik Rose sparkling for the perfect afternoon;
• Wine Quiz is the perfect challenge to win the title of Wine Buff, followed by a two course meal;
• Blending and Barrel Tasting teaches participants how to assess like a winemaker does -- tasting pre-blended wines before creating the perfect final product;
• Harvest Experience (between February and May) -- a real life view of the craziest time of year, tasting grapes, juices and getting an insight into the winemaking process (followed by lunch); and
• Tour and Tasting.
The Decanter World Wine Awards is the worlds leading wine competition, well known for its rigorous judging process.
The wine, which was first released in 2013 lasted just three months after being awarded the Australian Region Trophy at Decanter and the Tasmanian Trophy at the International Wine Challenge, announced at the London Wine Fair. With only a few dozen bottles remaining for sale through the restaurant -- this is the must visit venue for wine lovers.
For more about hosting an event at this venue, contact Business Events Tasmania: