|November 05, 2013|
CWT Energy, Resources & Marine Strengthens Management Structure; New Senior Appointments
|CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, the specialist energy and resource services division of Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT), has strengthened its global leadership team to support its rapidly expanding business which in 2012 experienced an annual growth of 22 percent.|
Travel industry veteran Monisa Cline will join CWT on December 2 as senior vice president, CWT Energy Resources & Marine to lead this business globally. Cline will be based in Houston and will report to David Moran, executive vice president, Global Marketing & Enterprise Strategy. Cline most recently was vice president, sales and alliances for Hawaiian Airlines, and previously held the role of vice president of North America sales for Continental Airlines, where she had responsibility for both the North America and the Global Accounts teams, managing corporate and travel management company relationships.
Monisa's global leadership team will include:
- John Vawter, who has been with CWT since 2007 and was recently named as vice president, CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, Americas. John has held several key roles in sales and program management for CWT across Europe and the United States. Prior to joining CWT, Vawter worked for TQ3 Travel Solutions, Sato Travel and TQ3Navigant.
- Tony Berry, joins CWT with significant travel industry experience including an impressive track record in this specialized sector; he takes ownership of Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) as senior director, CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, EMEA.
- Dushyant Choudhary joins CWT Energy, Resources & Marine from APM Terminals, effective December 1. Choudhary will be based in Singapore and becomes senior director, CWT Energy, Resources & Marine, Asia-Pacific.
- Philippe Gryc was recently appointed director of Global Marketing and Products for CWT Energy, Resources & Marine. Gryc joined CWT in 2005 and has held a variety of roles across multiple geographies including extensive experience with the CWT Partners Network.
- Olivier Giele, remains senior director, Traveler Services, a role he assumed in February 2012. Giele joined CWT Belgium in 1995, and has since held operational and strategic roles across the company. Olivier remains responsible for global service delivery and helping to map technology and services strategy moving forward.
CWT has the largest wholly-owned and partner network in the energy sector, providing the best possible coverage for the major mining, drilling and energy agencies around the world. CWT handles travel for the world's leading offshore drilling companies and the majority of the "supermajor" oil companies in the world. CWT recently strengthened its operations in Africa, a key emerging market for the sector, by signing partnership agreements with leading local business travel agencies in Congo, Madagascar, Mozambique, Nigeria and Southern Sudan.
Commenting on the appointments, Moran said, "CWT Energy, Resources & Marine is one of our fastest growing and most important market sectors, and we are truly delighted to be strengthening our team with the unrivalled experience that Monisa, John, Tony and Dushyant bring to our organization."
CWT is a global leader specialized in managing business travel and meetings and events. CWT serves companies, government institutions and non-governmental organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries and territories. By leveraging both the expertise of its people and leading-edge technology, CWT helps clients derive the greatest value from their travel program in terms of savings, service, security and sustainability. The company is also committed to providing best-in-class service and assistance to travelers. In 2012, sales volume for wholly owned operations and joint ventures totaled US$27.7 billion. As part of its commitment to responsible business, CWT is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact Ten Principles.