|January 04, 2001|
ActiveSky, Palm To Deliver Multimedia On Mobile And Wireless Devices
|ActiveSky will showcase its wireless technology that allows PDAs and cell phones to play interactive multimedia, including video, audio, animation, graphics and text, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.|
Recently awarded Fall Internet World "Best of Show" honors, ActiveSky's media player will be on display at Digital Home Experience, Saturday, Jan. 6, and at CES in Palm's booth No. 24000, Jan. 6-9.
"In the next decade, handhelds will become the single most important personal communication, productivity and entertainment devices," said Scott Marquardt, CEO, ActiveSky. "Imagine watching breaking news broadcasts on your cell phone, or viewing music videos, then researching the bands you like and purchasing concert tickets all from your hand."
ActiveSky has signed content providers including AtomFilms, Cinema Electric and Undergroundfilms to distribute short news, entertainment and educational programs that viewers can enjoy and share with friends. The company recently licensed its encoding software to a select group of leading online creative media companies, including AMX Studios, Clipscom, Dominion Post, Encodethis!, Eveo, Media 100 and Video Renditions.
ActiveSky has an agreement with Handspring to deliver multimedia content to the company's Visor(TM) line of handheld computers.
About ActiveSky's Technology
- Broad platform support: operates on the Palm, Pocket PC and Windows CE operating systems
- Pure software solution: low processor requirements support both low-and high-powered mobile devices
- Sophisticated error correction and compression algorithm: requires lower bandwidth wireless network connections
- Digital rights management: enables content developers to safeguard copyrighted materials
- XML scripting: allows developers to incorporate interactivity directly into video, audio, animation, graphics and text content