|February 27, 2001|
Alive Networks Launches 24hr TV Channel About Travel And Learning
|Alive Networks today launched its first 24-hour satellite television channel dedicated to travel and learning on AsiaSat 3. Simultaneously, founder and CEO, Ian Henry, unveiled a brand new corporate identity for the company that, he says, accurately reflects the true spirit and promise of the Alive brand.|
Commenting on the launch, Henry said: "Today is of great significance in the short, but spectacular history of Alive Networks. In just 101 days, Alive has created what promises to be an exciting and informative channel for viewers across the Asia Pacific region."
Henry also revealed that Alive was close to announcing distribution deals in the Philippines and Taiwan, adding that major cable system operators in Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Indonesia will be monitoring the Alive channel closely, with a view to bringing it to their subscribers in the near future.
Alive's television schedule features exciting, dynamic content from leading programme suppliers from around the world as well as relevant, locally produced shows. Programming streams are tailored to cater to all tastes and offer something for everyone.
- The Spice of Life: Everything from the culinary world and how to best appreciate it.
- Making Tracks: From backpacking to extreme sports.
- Getting There: Specific journeys and a general travel guide.
- In Style: Romantic destinations, luxury resorts, fashion, style and shopping.
- Living culture: Everything from art to architecture and heritage to pop culture.
- Alive in Nature: National parks, nature reserves, spiritual destinations and eco-resorts.
Meanwhile, Alive's learning programming offers a wealth of information to consumers.
- Learning Curve: The Internet, science and technology.
- Alive and Well: Health, alternative medicine and exercise, childcare and the environment.
- Know How: Food and wine, sports, fitness and beauty, arts and crafts
- Live It: Interior decorating, style and the best ways to enjoy life to its fullest
Alive's television schedule will also include locally produced programming, including its flagship programme "The Alive Travel Show", hosted by local personality Alessandra Egert. "The Alive Travel Show" will feature segments shot on location, "City Guides" hosted by local personalities, "World Food", "Hot Deals", as well as news and product tests. "The Alive Travel Show" is a dynamic mix of features and news which will become Alive's signature show," says Director of Commissioned Programming, Steve Edmonds. "This show will become an important part of the Alive programme schedule and a product that travelers will come to for trusted and cutting edge travel information."
Commenting on the enormous potential of the travel, leisure and related industries, co-founder and COO Douglas Gautier said: "Consumers' personal travel and tourism expenditure, currently standing at around USD547 billion in Asia and the Middle East alone, is forecasted to escalate to USD1023.5 billion in just ten years - an average growth of 5.4%. Meanwhile, government expenditure will leap from USD32.3 billion today to around USD56.5 billion by 2010 (4.7% growth). As a result, capital investment in the industry will shift from the current USD199 billion to about USD461.4 billion - an increase of 6.9%. Alive is the only company currently equipped to supply comprehensive travel related services to such a high level of consumer demand."