Travel and Tours
|June 10, 2010|
Dusit CEO Reaffirms Confidence In Thailand's Hospitality Industry
|Dusit International's Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Chanin Donavanik, reaffirms his confidence in the outlook of Thai tourism, leading the industry in helping Thailand regain its rightful position as one of the world's top holiday and business destinations. The company also discloses its sales and marketing strategies to stimulate travel business throughout the year under the "Dusit Together for Thailand" campaign.|
"Tourism has developed into one of Thailand's key growth industries and vital lifeblood of the economy. It has grown from the heart and soul of our people, and our culture. The tourism sector has always bounced back quickly in the past. Despite all the challenges, the elements that make us such an appealing destination are still in place; such as people, service, cuisines and exotic locations. So I am confident that we will recover within the next six months as long as the international perception is re-engineered and the world community once again has faith in our political system. The most important thing is that all parties, including the private sector and government, must work together in order to move ahead to restore confidence in Thailand's tourism," said Mr. Chanin Donavanik.
As one of the country's leading hotel groups, Dusit has continued on its overseas expansion plans into the Middle East, India and China, at the same time, highlighting its belief in Thai tourism by earmarking more hotels in Thailand with plans soon to be announced for Samui, Phang Nga, and other key destinations in Thailand.
Mr. Donavanik went on to say, "As I have said in an open letter to all of our 8,000 staff worldwide 'We are, and always will be, a beacon of the Thai hospitality industry and representatives of a unique heritage. It is the basis for all we do. It reminds us how powerfully different we are. It is our people and our Dusit DNA that requires us to be bold and do great things, to invent and create, to pursue perfection, but always remain true to who we are."
In regard to the company's rebuilding strategy to stimulate Thailand's tourism, Dusit International has launched "Dusit Together for Thailand" as part of its sales and marketing strategy to restore confidence and bring back the dynamic market environment for tourism. The initiative includes the following activities:
- At the first stage of this campaign, all Dusit's hotels and resorts from around the country joined together to visit over 300 Bangkok-based companies and media to listen to their challenges and requirements and to show appreciation for their continued support for Dusit and all Thais. The activity will be extended to Singapore and Hong Kong in the coming few months.
- Additionally, Dusit International introduces "Dusit Take 2" offering special privileges for guests to enhance their summer experience with extra value at all Dusit's hotels and resorts. Dusit take 2 is a vital component of Dusit's marketing initiatives for stimulating the Asia-Pacific leisure market during the summer. It is specially designed with extra value on an additional night or an additional room, as well as other benefits from spa treatments, dining experience, and much more. The package is valid until 30 September 2010. Dusit Take 2 has already achieved 1,066 room nights and approximately THB four million.
- Followed by the initiative to target Dusit's many loyal dining guests, Dusit will launch the "Together for Thailand" Appreciation Vouchers during June and July for guests' next stay to then spend at any participating Dusit's properties in Thailand, and valid for bookings until 30 September. This programme will encourage Thai guests to stay at one of Dusit hotels throughout Thailand.
- Regarding MICE business, the company is launching the new MICE Directory and E-brochure to be distributed to all business partners, Regional Sales Offices, as well as roadshows and tradeshows.
- Dusit International is aiming to be even more active in online marketing, with the launch of the new dusit.com in the third quarter - a refreshed look after less than 3 years of the last rebuild, as well as developing an extensive social media programme. This reflects Dusit's belief in being constantly in touch with the new technologies, communications and booking trends.
- Dusit is releasing its first TV advertising for Dusit Thani Bangkok and Dusit Thani Pattaya on BBC and Star Channels by the third quarter. The filming will start within the fortnight.
- Added into its existing Japanese Centre, the company is targeting the new emerging markets with the launch of Chinese and Indian Sales Centre before the year end.
- Dusit is introducing the extension of its Regional Sales Offices in Europe, the Middle East, and other key target markets across Asia-Pacific.
- Dusit is continuing its active Public Relations programmes with domestic and international media throughout the year. The group will also join hands with Dusit Regional Sales Offices across the world, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), and Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) to organise the media familiarisation trips to regain confidence in Thailand.
"It will be challenging times ahead. But we believe that it is achievable to regain a positive business environment. Thailand's attributes make us competitively viable in the Asian arena, not only the natural resources, but also the infrastructure that makes Thailand a great place to do business. We take our position as a leader of Thai hospitality very seriously, this will never change, and this will help Thailand come back even better and stronger than ever," said Mr. Chanin Donavanik.