|February 04, 2008|
Chile Tourism Introduces Destination Specialist Chile Online Program
|Chile Tourism has launched "Destination Specialist Chile" (DSChile), an innovative online educational and marketing program designed to provide its travel trade partners with a convenient way to obtain insightful, in-depth knowledge and information to become experts on promoting and selling bookings to Chile. |
The DSChile program, began in December, is offered free to travel agents, meeting planners and tour operators who aspire to make Chile their agency's most profitable and popular Latin American destination. With the introduction of this specialized program, Chile is the only other South American country, in addition to Peru and Ecuador, to offer such a program.
Upon successful completion of the DSChile program consisting of three required courses, several interactive quizzes and exams, graduates receive exclusive benefits such as:
• A full-color Chile All Ways Surprising interactive pdf sales guide and ready-to-display collateral materials
• A listing as Chile Specialist on the www.turismochile.travel website
• Three continuing education credits from The Travel Institute (US) and CITC (Canada)
• A Diploma Certification as a Destination Chile Specialist
• The opportunity to participate in a seven-day FAM trip to Chile, scheduled throughout 2008. (Available only to IATAN card-holders)
"Response to the DSChile program has been incredible, with an unprecedented number of travel agents enrolling," said Pablo Retamal, Director, North America, Chile Tourism. "We initially expected approximately 200 travel agents interested in growing their Chile business to sign-up for the course. However, more than 600 agents enrolled within the first month and 2,443 unique agents have requested brochures from the website www.orderchile.com!"