|November 21, 2006|
Carey England Ltd. Adopts Environmental Policy
|Carey England Ltd. has announced the adoption of a formal Environmental Policy for the company and has signed an agreement with The CarbonNeutral Company to invest in projects that will offset the carbon emissions of its fleet of chauffeur-driven Mercedes. |
"The directors and senior managers of Carey England Limited are committed to the implementation of its Environmental Policy," said Devin J. Murphy, President and CEO of Carey International, Inc., of which Carey England Ltd. is a subsidiary. "In the pursuit of our mission to provide world class chauffeured services, Carey England Ltd. also recognises the responsibility to manage the environmental impact of our day to day operations. Carey England Ltd. is committed to continuous improvements in its environmental performance."
Specifically, Carey England has adopted the following environmental initiatives:
- Maintaining Carey England's vehicle fleet at maximum utilisation to achieve optimum efficiency
- Researching new developments and products relating to fuel efficiency
- Eliminating the carbon footprint of its vehicle fleet. In partnership with The CarbonNeutral Company (recipient of the Travel + Leisure magazine's 2006 Global Vision Award for Innovation), Carey England is participating in the Scolel Te Forestry Project in Chiapas, Mexico and The Methane Capture Project in Texas, along with other initiatives around the world that help offset the effect of the Carey England fleet on the environment in both the short-term and long-term.
- Providing One water in all vehicles as the chosen complimentary water. One donates all its profits to the building of roundabout powered PlayPumps in African villages that have no easy access to clean drinking water. In September 2006 PlayPumps International was pledged support at the Clinton Global Initiative by the US government, The Case Foundation and The MCJ Foundation.
- Recycling office consumables such as paper, plastic and tins by providing recycling facilities through membership with PaperRound - London's leading recycling organisation.
"The CarbonNeutral Company is pleased to welcome Carey England Ltd. to our global effort to tackle climate change impacts by helping offset emissions through renewable energy and/or sustainable forestry projects," said Jonathan Shopley, CEO of The CarbonNeutral Company.
"Carey England considers environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice as our minimum standards of environmental performance," said Greg Mendoza, General Manager of Carey England Ltd. "We will promote further efforts through training, communications and a constant reappraisal of our working methods and techniques."