|January 27, 2015|
American Express Launches Premium Loyalty Reward Credit Card With Aeroplan and Air Canada
|The premium travel experience just got an upgrade with the launch of the new American Express AeroplanPlus Reserve Credit Card. Designed for the frequent traveler and avid Aeroplan Member in mind, the American Express AeroplanPlus Reserve Card provides travel benefits from American Express, Aeroplan and Air Canada(r).|
"We've seen premium travel grow as a category, with Cardmembers looking for ways to access even more travel perks," said Kiran Makam, Vice President of Consumer Charge Cards & New Business Development, American Express Canada. "With the American Express AeroplanPlus Reserve Card, we're able to offer the very best benefits offered from three of Canada's prestigious travel brands: American Express, Aeroplan and Air Canada."
Benefits and features of the new Card include:
- 2 Aeroplan Miles for every $1 of certain eligible Air Canada purchases, and 1.25 Aeroplan Miles on all other purchases
- 50,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Annual Partner Ticket (redemption limit of up to 25,000 miles)
- American Express Concierge Service
- American Express Travel Services
- Air Canada Priority Check-in
- Air Canada Complimentary First Checked Baggage (up to 5 bags annually)
- Option to purchase Air Canada Privilege Flight Passes
- Unlimited access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and Priority Pass Lounges
- $200 Annual Travel Credit when booking through American Express Travel Services
- Priority access to the Aeroplan Contact Centre when calling the Aeroplan Priority Line
- Miles earned on purchases can contribute towards Aeroplan's Distinction Status
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star Membership
- Access to American Express AeroplanPlus Reserve Card benefits at Pearson Airport, including:
Priority security lane
- Complimentary valet service
- Priority limo & taxi lane
- $899 annual fee
"The American Express AeroplanPlus Reserve Card is a great option for Aeroplan Members who are looking for a more robust range of travel benefits, and the ability to earn Aeroplan Miles quickly to get them to their dream reward goal," said Shauna Emerson O'Neill, Chief Customer Officer, Canada, Aimia. "The launch of this Card is a logical step for Aeroplan, based on the enormous success we've seen with our current suite of co-branded charge Cards."
"Every day our planes carry thousands of American Express and Aeroplan Members, so we're thrilled to partner on such a premium card product," said, Ian Di Tullio, Senior Director of Customer Engagement Marketing, Air Canada. "This new card product is specifically designed to enhance the travel experience by providing a complimentary first checked baggage, priority check-in, and unlimited access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges."
This is the first new Card to launch following last year's renewed partnership between American Express and Aeroplan. Existing co-branded charge Cards include the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Charge Card, which was ranked among Rewards Canada's top Airline Credit/Charge Cards in 2014.
To learn more about the American Express AeroplanPlus Reserve from American Express, and for full benefit limitations and terms and conditions visit https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/content/aeroplan-reserve-credit-card/
(r)Air Canada is a registered trademark of Air Canada, used under license from Air Canada.
(tm) Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge is a trademark of Air Canada, used under license from Air Canada.