|November 05, 2007|
Metro Toronto Convention Centre Constitution Hall, Renovated & Revealed
|Prestigious Constitution Hall, one of Canada's most in-demand ballroom venues, has re-opened with a dramatic and fresh new look.|
"We undertook this major renovation and upgrading of a key space at the MTCC to make it an even better venue for our clients' events, and we are very pleased with the results. It's better than ever, and we have been getting a lot of great feedback on the new look already," said Barry Smith, the Centre's CEO.
The MTCC conducted a comprehensive set of renovations and upgrades to the Hall, its premier ballroom space. The improvements represented a $4.2-million makeover for the venue that hosts a majority of Toronto's many large fund raising events, balls, galas, conventions, corporate holiday events and parties at the MTCC each year.
Among the exciting new features of the newly-renovated Constitution Hall are:
- New triple escalators to access Constitution Hall, replacing the previous double escalators, providing clients and their guests with much greater flexibility in moving in and out of the room easily.
- Expanded pre-function space on the 100 level to give planners more options in planning their event. Con Hall's new pre-function space has been reconfigured to create a flexible area, which will now be available to clients for a variety of uses, from a pre-registration area to a bar and beverage area.
- LED feature lighting throughout the Hall, accents the room available in a variety of attractive colours. This new feature lighting also adds personality to each event, making it unique. It is especially useful for themed events, when it can be used to enhance the room's décor and to create a desired ambience or 'mood'.
- Five sets of new main entrance doors to welcome guests into Con Hall. All new wooden doors have been installed, utilizing distinctive hardware and lighting at each door, along with large new canopies overhead, each with its own feature lighting. The overall effect is an entrance and pre function space that is much more dramatic for visitors.
- Enhanced interiors to make guests feel comfortable and welcome. A variety of interior finishes in Con Hall have been upgraded, from columns trimmed out in wood and stainless steel, to all new luxury carpets, redecorated walls, wood accents, and coloured LED lights inside the room, as well as 200 pendant feature lights suspended from the ceiling for an added touch of elegance.
- Upgraded technology will help to make all your event's voice and data communications flow smoothly and quickly. We've also installed a new sound system.
- Enhanced Washrooms completes the renovated space. Accent wood and feature lighting to match Con Hall were added to each washroom area, along with hands-free faucets.
At 28,000 square feet, this ballroom-sized room is a flexible, divisible space with two operable walls. It can accommodate up to 3,400 people in theatre-style seating, 2,800 for a reception and 2,520 in banquet-style set-up.