|March 24, 2014|
Ottawa Convention Centre Offers 2014 Space Rates Through 2020
|Ottawa Tourism and Ottawa Convention Centre (OCC) will guarantee 2014 space rental rates for conventions held at OCC through 2020, if booked by December 31, 2014. Ottawa's Great Rate Freeze applies to new bookings only, but multiple bookings by the same organization are permitted.|
"We're aggressively targeting meeting planners with this deal," says Noel Buckley, President and CEO of Ottawa Tourism. "Budgets are tighter than ever and having a secure rental rate gives enormous peace of mind to planners who are being asked to do more with less."
"Ottawa Convention Centre is committed to exceeding our clients' expectations," says Patrick Kelly, President and CEO of OCC. "The Great Rate Freeze is intended to make our destination as easy to do business with as possible, by removing all space rate uncertainty for the next 6 years. Our goal is to provide meeting planners with every opportunity to bring their conventions and delegates to Canada's capital."
Already, interest among groups is high to meet in Ottawa in 2017---the year Canada celebrates its 150th birthday. This rate freeze encourages groups to consider other dates, or to return to Ottawa in other years.
Ottawa Convention Centre
- Bold, modern structure boasting naturally bright interior and magnificent views
- One of only 24 convention centres in the world to be awarded the International Association of Congress Centres Gold certification for providing the highest standards in facility management and operations
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certified
- Within walking distance of 6,000 downtown hotel rooms
- 28 meeting rooms in maximum configuration, a column-free 56,000 sq. ft. multipurpose room that can seat 4,600 guests for a banquet
- Trillium Ballroom offers 19,032 sq. ft. of space with views of the Rideau Canal (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and Parliament Hill
- Delicious culinary options, including a unique interactive dining experience in the crEATe kitchen studio
Set Your Dates
Conventions must be confirmed with a signed license agreement and deposit received to Ottawa Convention Centre by December 31, 2014. Does not apply to conventions already confirmed. Rates apply to space rental only and do not include audio-visual products/services or menu prices. Eligible events must take place before December 31, 2020.
Ottawa Tourism provides destination marketing, strategic direction and leadership in cooperation with members and partners to service the travel media and attract visitors, tours and conventions to Ottawa and Canada's Capital Region. Its vision is to build recognition of Ottawa as an outstanding four-season tourism destination.