|March 30, 2014|
The Vancouver Aquarium - Expansion and Revitalization
|The Vancouver Aquarium is preparing for a significant expansion and revitalization of its facilities including new galleries and exhibits. Along with exciting additions and changes to the Aquarium's facility, the updated revitalization project plans include new public services and features that will be a benefit to everyone visiting Stanley Park. |
In June 2014, the Vancouver Aquarium in Stanley Park will open the first phase of the largest and most exciting expansion in its history. The new sustainable, state-of-the-art building will almost double the existing gallery space and dramatically enhance visitors' enjoyment in exploring, learning and connecting with over 50,000 aquatic creatures.
New Visitor Experiences Will Include:
- Expansive indoor and outdoor entry complex.
- Teck Connections gallery, with a stunning 360-degree digital screen experience.
- Changing displays that will feature a range of multi-media exhibits.
- New café with a revitalized menu and seating both indoors and outdoors.
- Outdoor plaza with a variety of programming for all ages.
- Presentation area for shows, lectures and special guest appearances.
- Spacious gift shop with greater diversity of aquatic inspired products.
- Significantly expanded indoor and outdoor multi-use event space for up to 2,000 guests.