|June 09, 2014|
Newyork.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary
|From riveting Broadway Shows to engaging tours and attractions, NewYork.com has emerged as a leading online resource for planning and booking a New York City experience. In honor of its one-year anniversary, NewYork.com is giving away thousands of dollars in gift cards to customers.|
For one week only from June 9 -- 13, 2014, new customers can obtain a $25 NewYork.com gift card when they sign up to receive NewYork.com's popular e-newsletter. Within 48 hours of signing up, new subscribers will receive an email containing an e-gift card and instructions. All current NewYork.com subscribers will receive an e-gift card during the week of June 9 in an anniversary celebration email.
NewYork.com has achieved great success within its first year of operation; growing its unique monthly visitors by over 200% year-over-year, increasing its social following by over 250% and expanding its hotel inventory by 400% since re-launching in 2013. NewYork.com is committed to delivering insightful and helpful information about how to best experience New York, whether you're local, looking for things to do or planning a visit, which has helped build a strong social following on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ in addition to a growing and loyal site following.
"This is a significant milestone for NewYork.com," said Stephanie Baker, SVP Marketing. "We are committed to producing interesting content and offering a wide range of products that represent the best of New York. We look forward to expanding our partnerships, offering an even wider range of New York experiences and sharing our insider knowledge of the city to increase NewYork.com's value to our subscribers and customers."
To redeem the $25 NewYork.com gift card, consumers must:
- Visit NewYork.com and become a subscriber -- http://www.newyork.com/newsletter/, they will receive a confirmation e-mail and within 48 hours receive their NewYork.com gift card with instructions on how to redeem it to make a purchase of $100 or more on one of the hundreds of activities, events, shows, tours and hotels that are featured on the site.
- Each gift code is valid for one purchase only through July 31, 2014
NewYork.com will also be running prize giveaways across its social media platforms using the hashtag #CheersToAYear from June 9th through 20th. The winners will be chosen at random from participants who correctly answer NewYork.com's Scavenger Hunt Question of the Day.
Each day, they will give away a pair of tickets to a popular attraction to the winner of the Scavenger Hunt. Tickets they will be giving away include:
- Circle Line - any cruise excluding specialty cruises
- CitySights NY -- "All Around Town" Tour
- Intrepid -- Admission to the museum
- New York Water Taxi - any New York Water Taxi or Circle Line Downtown Cruise
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! - Admission tickets
- American Museum of Natural History - 2 SuperSaver Tickets and a hardcover book detailing the making of their famous dioramas
- On Location Tours - any tour offered
- Madame Tussauds - Admission tickets
- Blue Man Group -- Admission to a show
In the travel and entertainment arena, NewYork.com features 60+ Broadway and off-Broadway Shows, 165 New York City tours and attractions, 14,000+ Zagat-rated restaurants and 400+ hotels. In addition to providing an unmatched platform for consumers to book their New York City itinerary in a single transaction, the user-friendly website also offers in-depth content on everything pertaining to the city. Site visitors will discover hundreds of hidden gems, local hangouts and celebrity hot spots, Broadway gossip, historical haunts and much more while visiting NewYork.com. Exciting tips written by real New Yorkers highlight all aspects of city life including: the best food trucks in Brooklyn, fine dining establishments near Wall Street and the trendiest boutiques in Soho. There's even information on finding a job and the best places to rent and buy property. NewYork.com has it all covered; it is connected to everything.