|July 01, 2014|
Cincinnati USA's Convention Summer Brings High Profile Meetings; Economic Impact To Region
|Cincinnati USA's packed 2014 convention calendar will reach a high point this July, as multiple well-known national and regional conventions arrive amid a month of music festivals and events. A few of the conventions to be held in the month of July include:|
- Ohio American Legion Annual Convention, July 11-13
- International Association of Fire Fighters Biennial Convention, July 14-18
- Ohio Society of Association Executives Annual Conference, July 23-25
- National Urban League Annual Conference, July 23-26
Major music festivals also taking place throughout the month include:
- Bunbury Music Festival, July 11-13
- Buckle Up Music Festival, July 18-20
- Macy's Music Festival, July 25-26
The summer months typically mark the peak of Cincinnati's convention season, and this year's July bookings alone will bring more than 30,000 meeting attendees, approximately 43,800 contracted hotel room nights, and $13 million in economic impact. The influential nature of upcoming meetings is also expected to draw major national attention to the region due to the high profile nature of the events and meeting attendees.
"Our summer convention bookings are a testament to the incredible growth and progress of our destination," said Dan Lincoln, President & CEO of the Cincinnati USA Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB). "If this summer is any indication, we're looking forward to even more positive momentum for Cincinnati USA in the months and years to come. On behalf of the CVB and our hospitality partners, I look forward to welcoming these organizations to the region during such an exciting month of events."