Tech - Computers
|April 26, 2005|
Dell Latitude D510 Business Notebook
|Dell recently announced the Latitude D510. This mainstream notebook computer is designed to maximize the productivity and technology budgets of growing businesses. Priced starting at $929 USD, the Latitude D510 extends the computing resources of small- and medium-sized businesses by providing mobility with reliability, flexibility and performance.|
"The U.S. economy is being driven by innovative small business owners who are quick to adopt value-add technologies that can help them expand their geographic reach, stretch resources and increase productivity," said Frank Muehleman, vice president of Dell's Small and Medium Business Division. "Dell is committed to delivering cost-effective products that transform a desk-bound workforce into a flexible, mobile workforce."
With a starting weight of 5.2 pounds1, the Latitude D510 can be configured with an Intel Pentium M processor or a Celeron M processor. Customers can also configure systems with 14.1-inch or 15-inch XGA displays and a choice of wireless networking solutions.
Customer feedback and Dell's quality and reliability testing help ensure the Latitude D510 will stand up to most operating conditions. Dell's Tri-Metal chassis helps ensure the D510 can withstand the rigors of mobility. The sealed, stiffened keyboard defends against dust and spills while the Strike Zone shock absorber helps protect the hard drive.
Dell's unrelenting focus on providing excellent notebook support and strengthening customer relationships contributes to Dell's No. 1 ranking in Technology Business Research's quarterly IT Buying and Customer Satisfaction Study for notebook PCs. Dell has maintained this leadership position for almost seven years2.
Dell offers a single point of accountability for deployment services to support its latest portfolio of Latitude products. These can help save time and effort and allow customers to focus resources on other projects.
Technical Features of the Latitude D510 include:
- Choice of Intel Pentium M processor 730 (1.60GHz) or 740 (1.73GHZ) combined with the Intel 915GM chipset or Celeron M processor 350 (1.3GHZ) combined with the Intel 910GML chipset
- Choice of 14.1-inch or 15-inch XGA (1040 x 768) display
- 256MB to 2GB of DDR2 400/533MHz shared3 SDRAM
- Choice of 30GB, 40GB, 60GB or 80GB hard drives4
- Standard internal Intel PRO Wireless 2200 802.11b/g. Optional internal Dell Wireless 1370 802.11b/g or Intel PRO Wireless 2915 802.11a/b/g or Dell Wireless 1450 802.11a/b/g, optional internal Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth
- Standard 24X CD-ROM or choice of 8X DVD-ROM, 24X CD-RW/DVD combination and 8X DVD+/-RW5 optical drives, 40GB second hard drive4.
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet and 56K6 V92 modem
- Ports include: Four USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, parallel, serial, S-Video, VGA, audio in/out; one PCMCIA Type I/II slot
- Choice of Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional Operating System
- Optional docking offerings including D/Port Advanced Port Replicator, D/Monitor Stand and D/View Notebook Stand
- One year Next Business Day On-site Service7
- Dimensions: 1.4-inch high, 13.3-inches wide, 10.75-inches deep; 35.5mm high, 338.3mm wide, 273mm deep