|March 05, 2014|
CWT Canada Grows Associate Program Through New Membership; Maintains 100% Renewal
|Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) Canada continues to expand its travel agency network in Canada, adding new CWT Associate travel offices in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Cornwall, Sudbury, Quebec City, Montreal and Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, while maintaining a 100 percent renewal rate.|
New members of the CWT Associate Program include:
• Agence des Halles of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu located in Quebec, owned by Anita Bitton.
• Voyage Régence in Montreal and Nuns' Island, owned by Francine Martin.
• Voyages Lachance located in Quebec, owned by Nadia Taradjian, which was formerly operated under the Uniglobe Voyages banner.
• Quest Travel located in Vancouver, owned by Jeffrey Bernstein and operated by Valerie Fisher.
• Jolly Tours located in Cornwall, owned by Carol and Christopher MacAleese.
• Ellison Travel & Tours in North Vancouver, owned by Doug Ellison and operated by Marcie Outerbridge Ellison. This is the third CWT-affiliated Ellison Travel location, adding to their strong presence in Southwestern Ontario.
• All Seasons Travel, located in Sudbury, a former affiliate of Uniglobe. This agency is under the new ownership of Teresa Payne who owns six additional CWT-affiliated locations in Ontario.
"We're delighted with the level of new and renewed interest in our Associate Program," said Danielle Durocher, director, Associate Program, CWT Canada. "We're beginning to see a shift in ownership among some of our associate agencies as owners pass the reins on to the new generation. The continued expansion of the program speaks to the strength of CWT and the retail agency model."
In addition, a number of associate members have expanded their presence with the acquisition of new locations, which now operate under the CWT brand.
CWT Stewart Travel, owned and operated by Scott Stewart and Dana Merrett, added three CWT Associate locations, including Toronto, Collingwood and Wasaga Beach, which was previously owned by Laura Price. Stewart Travel's acquisition brings their current total to six locations in Ontario operating under CWT Stewart Travel.
CWT Voyages Fleur-de-Lys merged with Voyages Professionnels, formerly part of the Ensemble group, to form the new CWT Groupe Voyages Professionels, which is owned by Marie-Hélène Jacques, Paul Larivière, Nathalie Guilbert and Charles Richer.
CWT Royal City Travel in Guelph, Ontario, previously owned by Neil Christie, was acquired by Gene Branchflower, owner of CWT Avenue Travel. It maintains the CWT brand and will continue to be run as a full service travel agency under the management of Todd Branchflower.
CWT Voyages Éclair in Buckingham, Quebec, was acquired by long-time manager Michelle Tremblay and her husband Éric Laviolette, from Robert Langlois.
"Our best wishes go out to the associate owners who have sold their franchises, and we look forward to working with our current and new associate members for many years to come," added Durocher.
CWT's Associate Program offers a unique opportunity for quality travel agencies to enhance and grow their business by aligning with CWT's globally recognized brand. The program also drives new business to CWT-wholly owned and associate offices with CWT's Membership programs. CWT is the exclusive retail travel partner of Royal Bank of Canada's RBC Rewards program, and CWT is the exclusive endorsed travel partner of the Royal Canadian Legion.